In this book she shares the lessons she’s learned in a lifetime of studying and teaching. She is warm and encouraging, making readers of all ages and backgrounds feel welcome.
This book is designed to guide beginning students through the fundamentals of tai chi in ten weeks. Dr. Aihan Kuhn teaches readers the twenty-four-step Yang-style form. She shares insight on warming up, healing, and avoiding injury. But tai chi is more than just a physical exercise. It is a way of life. Dr. Kuhn shows readers how this art helps us cultivate health, balance, and qi (energy).
Each day millions of people around the world practice tai chi for wellness, focus, and self-defense. This is a lifelong path. For the novice, that idea can be exciting but also daunting. With all the books, videos, and websites on tai chi, where do you begin?
This book features
- A ten-week calendar to guide you through your introduction to tai chi
- Over 200 beautiful full-color photos
- Access to the online 10-week companion video course
- Warm, welcoming instruction from a master of tai chi and qigong
With this book you will
- Learn the twenty-four-step Yang-style form
- Understand the fundamentals of tai chi
- Discover not just the physical postures of tai chi, but also its psychological, emotional, and spiritual benefits
- Access online video for all 10-week courses that you can follow along
“Tai chi is a life journey,” Dr. Kuhn writes. “Part of my success is from my patients and students that understand that prevention requires participation. They practice tai chi and qigong on a regular basis, which is key to their healing. That brings me to the title of this book. Can you really learn tai chi in 10 weeks? You cannot become a master, of course, but you can learn the fundamentals of this art. You can build the foundation for this life-changing journey. Tai Chi in 10 Weeks is your roadmap.”
Available for Purchase at the Following Merchants: